Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Financial Responsibility

I'm sick of the Twins, and the Vikings don't yet matter, so I'll commenting on a Sporting News article that my wife sent me this morning.

Lion's receiver Ryan Broyles has a $3.5 million contract with Detroit, but he and his wife live on a budget of $60,000 a year. That includes house payments, car payments and a small baby.

Unlike other pro sport multi-millionaires who find themselves bankrupt shortly before or after retirement, Broyles decided to spend wisely and invest most of his money in secure long-term management funds.

He doesn't want to have to play football the rest of his life or worry about what happens next.

I LIKE this guy. I like him a lot. It's never about how much you make or don't make. It's about how much you CHOOSE to spend and how much you then have left to invest.

Go Ryan!


No comments:

Post a Comment