Monday, February 16, 2015

Four Degrees of Separation

I was talking to a friend of mine at church yesterday. He and his wife are expecting their first baby in a few weeks. He was talking about a friend of his that works at a restaurant with him in Marshall. The guy has a 5 month-old that's 23 pounds! By comparison, we have a two-year old at church, too. He weighs about 24 pounds. Suffice is to say, that is one big baby.

As most of you know, I follow pro wrestling pretty closely. I have been doing that for about 50 years. For a little more than a couple years one of my favorite heel (the bad guys) groups has been the Wyatt Family. They have kind of a backwoods cultish thing going on. Their leader, Bray, is a guy that talks real well about apocalyptic sort of things. He's got two huge guys working with him. Luke Harper, a very athletic 6 foot eight inch, 270 pound monster who can wrestle real well.

His tag team partner? Eric Rowan. Now, HE'S big. In a "sport" where big is relative, he's still pretty impressive. He's billed at 6 foot 10 and weighs around 330 pounds. And he's strong. He one of the few guys in wrestling that can pick up wrestling's largest giant, the Big Show, and body slam him easily. Even though Show has lost some weight recently, he's still in the 450 pound ballpark.

Eric Rowan is just one impressive physical specimen. He looks scary, too. He's bald, has a huge red beard, and wears a sheep's mask for good measure.

Getting back to my initial story, I asked my friend how big is co-worker is. He told me he's about 6 foot-five and easily 260 pounds. That starts to explain his baby's huge size. But you know what? That's only part of the story. It seems he's the runt of the family. His brother is just a monster.

And he works in wrestling.

For the WWE.

Yep, turns out Eric Rowan is his co-worker's brother.

I always knew Rowan was from Minnesota, but this is just cool. That's only four degrees of separation for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment