Sunday, October 16, 2016

Baseball and Football

With the Casually Observing Wife spending most of the day with her siblings, I decided to watch more sports than normal. I saw significant portions of both baseball games and most of two college football games.

The baseball was pretty good. Cleveland continues to pitch great, while the Cubs game had all of its fireworks after I went to bed. The right teams won, so either way I'm happy.

The football wasn't as good. Number one Alabama had way too easy a time with number 9 Tennessee. And Stanford, who I thought was going to be real good this year, looked awful in beating an even worse Notre Dame team. I decided to skip number two Ohio State's game when the family reunion came to our house.

Best part of the day? The reunion. Food, family, and fun. That's hard to beat that.

I'm really looking forward to the Green Bay/Dallas game today. I normally root for Green Bay, but because they are THE division rival once again, I'm kind of pulling for Dallas and their rookie QB. I just hope it's a great game. It would kind of be nice to see Green Bay sitting at 3-2 at the end of the day, but a 4-1 Packer team would force the Vikings to stay on their toes.

It's fun to enjoy football this much again.

No comments:

Post a Comment