Thursday, March 23, 2017

USA! USA!

The USA won the WBC last night. They've never made it to the finals before.

I still don't care.

I just want the real season to start and the Twins to do well.

Speaking of the Twins...

Ryan Vogelsong was released yesterday. The Twins told him that he would not be their fifth starter this season, so he asked for his release. His ERA hovered around 7.00 this preseason. At 39, his career is most likely over.

Trevor May is getting his Tommy John surgery today.

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the appeal of this at all. Sort of like a long, drawn-out, tournament-style all-star game. If I was a team owner, I'd hate it. I'm paying my players -- especially my pitchers -- to be able to perform for me and my team, my business. Players during the all-star game play 2-3 innings so they can wave their hat to the fans and say, "I'm here." No one wants to get hurt. Then you have pitchers throwing games in preseason. I'd rather have my pitchers using all of the pitches I'm playing to be used for getting wins for my team. May is getting surgery today and that's all too common these days. You can almost put a dollar amount on each pitch before a pitcher can't pitch anymore. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, I've ranted in the past about this. We're in total agreement.

    ReplyDelete