Monday, June 17, 2013

Spurs

I got home mid-afternoon yesterday after a church picnic, so I only watched the ninth inning of the Twins loss. Torii Hunter hit his 300th career homerun in the first, and that was basically the game right there.

BUT I wanted to watch some sports, so last night I turned on the Spurs/Heat game just in time to see the Spurs go on a 10-0 run late in the third quarter. At that point I stuck around for the rest of the game. The Spurs now have a 3-2 lead in the series, but that means so little when the Heat play the next two games at home. I'm hoping that San Antonio puts it away with the next game. Realistically it will probably go seven and I can't see the Heat losing at home in a game seven.

Much like NHL hockey, NBA basketball is difficult to watch. The constant shoving and clubbing that goes on, especially away from the ball means that refs can simply call the fouls they want rather than all of them. It makes for an inconsistent game. It also makes it easier for refs to favor certain teams even if they don't really mean to. Basketball is much more fun to play than it is to watch. The problem is that those that I play with now think that shoving and pushing is part of the game. The NBA game is a bad influence on America's youth.

Go Spurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment