Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Twins Win, Peterson Flops in Return

I watched the first quarter of the Vikings game last night and then simply went to bed. The Vikings blocked a field goal AND recovered a muffed punt but still could do nothing on offense. Bridgewater looked lost and Adrian Peterson had clearly lost a step. Media folks were blaming the makeshift offensive line, and I can't disagree with that assessment either. Basically the Vikings looked much worse last night than anytime last season. I'm just glad I can watch the Patriots, The Packers, and the Broncos most weeks because I see no real joy developing in watching the Vikes.

I know that it's only week one, but you can tell a lot about a team and its coach by how you play that first real game. At best you can say we were unprepared. That is not what you want to say just coming out of the preseason. You can play WELL and still lose but The Vikes did not play well. They failed miserably.

Tyler Duffy for the Twins, on the other hand, was brilliant. He shut Detroit down for 6 innings as the The Twins offense once again shined. They are STILL one game behind Texas, but it's the middle of September and they are still battling for that last elusive playoff spot. They are a team worth my attention.

Go Twins!

1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly the Twins stunk the first week of the season too!

    ReplyDelete