Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cavs' Jerseys

I was watching just part of the Cleveland game last night, and my only thought was, "How can players play in those jerseys?"

They are sharp looking t-shirts, but they have tight form fitted sleeves. They would look great just for wearing, like most shirts, but they look so confining for players.

I've brought this up a while back, but I see the NBA is still using them. I play a lot of basketball most summers, and though I do wear t-shirts, I find them rather uncomfortable for most shots. I'm constantly pulling or tugging on my shirt after a shot to readjust it. The looser ones are better, but tank tops work best. Form fitting t-shirts would constrict too much...

I found out this morning that LeBron James does not like them. As a matter of course last night he tore his sleeves, on purpose, just so he could play naturally. Now, I'm not a big LeBron fan, but I have to agree with him on this one.  Style has to fit function. A jersey that limits movement becomes a distraction and puts a team at a disadvantage. The last thing you want from a jersey is for it to make a player worse! It's time to put these jerseys in storage, or just sell them to the fans.

There's a great reason that players have been playing in tank tops for so long. They work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment