Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Great Void

Spring training is NOT the beginning of baseball season. It merely means that we can start thinking about the upcoming season which is still about 45 days away. 45 long days. Football ended over a week ago, and the biggest gap filler in the last week was the NBA's all-star festivities.

That's barely a blip on the radar for baseball and football fans. No, the next 45 days is the Great Void for fans like me. No scores to check, no real games to watch. No items of interest. I can anticipate the coming Twins season, but preseason games are difficult to get into. Pitchers pitch an inning or two, and most of the players are unknowns and will never make the roster. It's practice plain and simple.

IF the T-Wolves were any good, I could watch them. If hockey ever became interesting I could watch the Wild. But that's just wishful thinking.

As it is, I have 45 days until there's something to watch. I can talk baseball, but that's not nearly as interesting as watching it. I can see why Netflix is so popular. There's a lot of people filling viewing gaps in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment