Monday, June 6, 2016

Golden State

No team has gotten beat by more points than the Cavs in the first two games of an NBA finals. I watched the game from midway through the second quarter last night until the end. I haven't watched that much of an NBA game since Bird and Magic squared off many moons ago. I watched some of the Jordan years finals way back when as well. But this much time? No.

When a team that you want to win is that dominant, all the bad things about the NBA disappear. Bad ref calls that decide a game. All those stupid timeouts in the last two minutes that make the game last an extra half-hour. The tension toward the end.

All gone. Poof. AND the game got over by 9:30!!!!

And you get to see a team with a great bench destroy the "best player of the last decade" like he's not even there.

THAT is what I want to see in my sports. I'm not saying Golden State is going to win the series. All those stupid things can come back into play any game now, especially since the series is moving back to Cleveland.

But for a couple of great games, the NBA was watchable again. I want more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment