Monday, November 28, 2016

Football

I didn't watch much yesterday. New England wasn't available in our area, and with the Vikings losing Thursday, I just couldn't get interested in the other games. The Vikings play again THIS Thursday against Dallas, so I'm thinking I'll be in another football funk for at least the next two weeks. NO ONE, and I mean no one believes the Vikings have a chance in that game.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Vikings could have went through so many injured offensive linemen this season. Most teams might have an injured lineman or two, who might miss a few games throughout the season, but many don't have any real offensive lineman injuries the whole season.

Take Dallas for example. Their O Line is one of the best in football this season. None of them have been hurt. It's one of the reasons they have had such success with a rookie quarterback and rookie running back. Offensive linemen have the longest careers in pro football. Some go entire careers without missing any games.

But not the Vikings. For whatever reason, we're playing third and fourth string lineman against every one else's first string defenses. The results have not been pretty. The Vikings will continue their death spiral into obscurity until we get good, healthy offensive linemen again. That Bradford hasn't been hurt severely yet is telling us how good the offensive coordinator is at creative game plans. The whole scheme is for Bradford to throw quickly with short passes. Anything else, and we'd really be in trouble. I don't blame anyone. For me that's unusual.

But I don't expect us to be any good either.

For me, that's par for the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment