Saturday, March 24, 2018

Division II Championship Game Today

It's rare that my family and a major sporting event go hand in hand, but today MY nephew is starting in a National Championship game ON a major network.

CBS. 2 p.m. (Central)

I'm pumped. They are 37-3 so far this year and are as good as any team in the country.

The only possible drawback? We are having a major blizzard here today and that may cause some localized power outages. It's happened before during big storms. Barring  catastrophe, I'll get  to see MY nephew play for the title.

How cool is that?

It seems like only yesterday I was playing one-on-one with him in his backyard. He was in fifth grade at the time and he clobbered me. It was his long shots that killed me. I just couldn't defend him. It didn't help that he was taller and faster than me as well.

When he was born, days after birth. he looked like a long mutant bodybuilder. No kidding. And I mean that with all cute sincerity. He was the most naturally muscular kid you ever laid eyes on.

I had a snowball fight with him when he was four and he nailed me so hard with a throw from fifty feet away that it took my breath away. Right in the stomach. And I was in my prime back then.

He was, and continues to be, a great kid.

Like I said, I'm pumped.

Go 6 foot 11 Carter Evans! Win that national championship!!

WHOOO!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment