Thursday, March 22, 2018

WWE

I was waiting to see if the return of Daniel Bryan would have a major impact on Smackdown's ratings before writing about it.

There was an uptick of about 100,000 viewers this week once word got out that he had been cleared after 2 years of concussion watch. The ratings rise was good, but, being this is Wrestlemania season, the ratings may have gone up this week without him.

Personally, Daniel Bryan is my favorite WWE performer since the Rock was in his prime. His impact last time around was felt by some very vocal fans, but the WWE (Vince) never fully embraced him as the company's face. I'd be more enthusiastic about his return if I knew the WWE would push him as hard as they have pushed Roman Reigns the last two years.

Bryan got over naturally. Reigns still isn't over.

I don't see the WWE changing their stance on Bryan this time around, though. I'm thrilled he's back, but I won't enjoy him being back unless they allow him to be one of the top two or three guys.

For the first time in about 2 years, I'm looking forward to the the WWE product. I hope they don't disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment