Monday, October 1, 2018

Twins Win 6th Straight!!

That was a nice way to end the season. Joe Mauer getting to catch one pitch in the ninth was a super nice gesture as well, and then leaving the game with a standing ovation after that one pitch, was a very classy move by both teams.

I've been extremely vocal about my dislike of Joe Mauer's salary the last several years, but I've aways liked Joe Mauer the ball player. He was paid too much for what he gave back to the Twins. But he was a very good ball player. His defense at first was under-rated.

IF he decides to play a couple of more seasons, no one is going to pay him anywhere near what he made the last few years on his current contract.

He did lead all of baseball this year with a .410 batting average with players in scoring position. That tells me he IS still Mr. Clutch. But his home run power vanished along with his knee and leg strength many moons ago.

I actually hope he decides to leave the game at this point. He's got nothing else to prove.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what the Twins do with the freed up money from his contract...

No comments:

Post a Comment