Saturday, December 1, 2018

College Football

The new playoff system for college football has officially wrecked my viewing of college football.

Before the 4 -game playoff, I used to watch nearly every game featuring an undefeated major team.

I KNEW that a loss in any one of those games could cost the team a championship bid. Every single game like that was do or die. Every game could mean sudden death for the season. And watching a top team get upset was an unbelievable reason to tune in.

This year, after just a few seasons of the new play-off system, I haven't watched any big game for more than a couple of minutes.

Why?

Because nothing was at stake in any of those games.

A loss wouldn't hurt any of the top 4 teams.

It no longer mattered if they won or loss.

College football doesn't matter.

Maybe I'll watch the last game of the season.

Maybe.

Now only one game, the whole season matters. And that game isn't as cool as it used to be.

I knew this would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment