Friday, December 14, 2018

Football

I'm over the idea that the Vikings aren't going to make the playoffs, and decided to watch a GOOD football game last night.

The Chargers came back and now they AND the Chiefs are both 11-3 with two games to play.

THAT'S what good football looks like.

The Vikings haven't resembled a team like that since last year.

When I was younger, I wanted the Twins, Vikings, And Wolves to make the playoffs.

Now that I'm older, I want to see them win championships. Making or not making the playoffs is no longer a big deal. If they aren't good enough to win it all, I just don't want to watch them that much.

I'm not a bandwagon fan, or a fair weather fan. I am a fan that likes to watch the very best.

It's like movies or TV shows. I don't watch all of them. I watch the ones that are great.

Why watch mediocrity?

Yes, my home teams have nostalgia value. Yes, I root for them. But watching a full game, especially when they're losing, is just a waste of time.

There's always something better to do, and that's what age has taught me.

Time is important. Losing teams are not. Even if they are home teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment