Monday, August 12, 2013

Super Steve's First Vikings Scouting Report This Season

Regarding Walsh's performance during practice. We have to remember that he has a new holder (Locke). Every kicker prefers a certain hold. Maybe Locke and Walsh just need more time together to get everything down just right.

As for Locke's punting. His kicks are higher and farther than I've ever seen in training camp. Booming is a good way to describe what I was seeing.

I really like Patterson. I hope he turns out to be as good as I think he is. He seems like a very good guy. He was very approachable for the kids to get autographs and he's always smiling like he's having the time of his life. As Mrs. Observer put it "That's how it's supposed to be."

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered why the Vikings always have the punter as the holder. To me, it would seem to make more sense to have the back-up QB in that position. That way if something went wrong, he'd have a better chance of dealing with the situation.

    Joe Webb would still be ideal in that situation even if he's no longer the backup QB.

    Why have we placed the least athletic player on the whole team in that position?

    But boy can that kid PUNT!

    ReplyDelete