Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vikings

When is an NFL game NOT an NFL game?

When it's preseason.

I did watch a lot of last night's game but it's kind of hard when none of the regulars are in there. Matt Cassel looked pretty good at QB except for his horrible INT. Ponder got just the one quick series that also ended in an INT. And those two guys in the second half made no impression on me at all.

I saw Webb make a catch in the second half, and I saw a whole bunch of running backs, who I did not recognize, make some pretty nifty runs and runs after catches, but I don't really feel like watched a Viking game.

Because I didn't. That was just a lot of guys wearing Viking purple, most of whom we will never see again once the regular season starts.

Oh, and I liked the new uniforms. Less flair and bling, more old-school sensibility, they we're a nice blend of old and new. Though I'm still not sure I like the font used for their numbers, I guess it will grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment