Sunday, October 5, 2014

18 Innings

I liked last night's ball game. I didn't like it enough to see the ending though. I went to bed with it still tied 1-1 after 15. It didn't end until three innings later, 2-1. Much like the American League wild card team, KC, the Giants now lead the BEST team in the National League, the Nationals, two games to none in their playoff series. 6 1/2 hours. 17 pitchers. That's a game.

The Dodgers tied their series with the Cards yesterday 1-1 as well. Another well-pitched, one-run game.

Baseball is fun this time of year, just not as much fun as if the Twins were still involved. All of that losing the last few years has seemed to develop a nice callous on my "home team only" muscles. I can now appreciate the other teams and what they have to offer.

It's the same way with the Vikings. I can appreciate teams like the Packers, Broncos, and Seahawks more because my expectations have been lowered with my home team.


No comments:

Post a Comment