Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Twins

I'm amazed at the number of Twins fans who can't wait to see who the Twins next manager will be. Yes, they need a new one with Gardy and the Twins parting ways, but rooting for a particular CHOICE is foolish. Molitor and Mientkiewicz are well-known popular former Twins. No one had even heard of Torey Lovullo until his name came up as well.

Who is the BEST choice? Is there a BEST choice?

Maybe former Viking Bob Lurtsema would do a great job, too. After all, he's a popular Minnesota athlete. My point is that we don't know WHO will do the best job. What the Twins really need is better starting pitching. Any good manager will do as long as we have that. At least Mientkiewicz has some experience and success at the position.

A manager who will drag the whole Twins organization in the 21st century would be a good start. Any traditional baseball mind will just be more of the same-old, same-old. We've seen what 15 years of the same thinking of different head coaches has done for the Vikings..  We don't need more of that with the Twins.

We need good starting pitching OR a new approach to the game. I don't think any of the current choices will give us either.

I'm going with the dark horse candidate, Lurtsema.

"You better make it six. I don't think I can eat eight." That guy cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment