Monday, October 13, 2014

Sunday Notes

I can't comment much on the Vikings game. I couldn't stand watching it. What I did see was average receivers dropping pretty good passes early, the defense playing tremendously, given that they seemed to be on the field all the time due to the the offense not having any real drives. And that Bridgewater is really inexperienced.

I'm not saying it was all the Vikings fault. Detroit put incredible pressure on Teddy all day. That Norv didn't have a plan to relieve that pressure was what was hard to watch. This offense LOOKED like our horrible offense from the last several years. Even Brett, as old as he was, had his best success rolling out and doing bootlegs. It's harder for defenses to key on you if you're not in the pocket.

Teddy was a deer caught in the headlights all afternoon. And the coaches wouldn't allow him to leave the road.

Better? Fox showing the final minute of the Packers game live. Another spectacular ending for Aaron Rodgers.

Neat? Peyton Manning having a subpar afternoon and still throwing 3 TD passes and leading his team to victory. He just needs three more touchdowns to pass Brett's record next Sunday night.

Weird? I was actually rooting for Dallas to beat the Seahawks yesterday. I guess I hate the young upstarts way more than I hate the 'Boys. Seattle drops to 3-2 AND they finally lost a home game.

Yet another fantastic finish to a baseball game last night. The Cards hit a walk-off homerun. I wouldn't mind seeing an "All Missouri World Series" at this point, but I still like the idea of an all wild card version more. Knowing wild card teams can go that far despite the handicap baseball gives them is pretty cool.

I just want to see KC win it all.

Other than an awful Vikings game, it was a great weekend of sports. The Vikings have been losers for so long, they don't wreck my weekend any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment