Thursday, February 21, 2013

His Arm Is As Big As My Head

That was Ricky Rubio describing his massively physical teammate, Nikola Pekovic.

I actually watched some of the game last night. I figured that the Wolves are .500 at home and that Philly is at least as bad as the Wolves are, so why not?  Pekovic had a double double with 4 minutes left in the first half. He ended with 27 points and a career high in rebounds with 18.

They did win as well. What surprised me the most was how physical the game really was. There were 76 combined free throw attempts by games end.

It was ALMOST a complete meltdown in the fourth quarter. The Wolves led by 19 a couple of times in the game and were clearly out-rebounding the lifeless Sixers. But with 2 and a half minutes to go, it became a four point game.

I turned it off at that point.

At the same time, I figure if all I have are the Wolves, I might as well watch them. At least part of the game...

...once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment