Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nine Runs and Three Outs

Can we please get rid of Vance Worley, now?

I watched about 40 seconds of last nights's game. I figured WWE Smackdown would be more entertaining than anything the Twins and frozen Target Field could throw at me. At about 20 minutes after 7, during Smackdown's first commercial break, I switched over briefly and saw that the Twins were already trailing 5-0 with two outs in the top of the first.

I turned it on about an hour and a half later and saw that the score was 10-2 in the bottom of the fourth.

I have NO IDEA how many fans stuck around and watched this game to the bitter end, but I'm pretty sure Target Field was pretty much deserted by the time this mess ended.

The only highlight was seeing snow falling during the 40 seconds I watched it.

Scott Diamond is scheduled to make his season debut in Saturday's game. I really wish they'd hold on off on that until the weather got warmer. His risk of re-injury is probably much greater in the cold. I can't imagine many Twins fans showing up at all for this game.

The Twins only sold 23,000 tickets for last night's game, but it's pretty obvious many of them decided to stay home. I can't see today being much different.

The years of 3 million attendance are over. The Twins will be fortunate to get half of that this year. And it's only going to get worse.

Just like the Twins.


No comments:

Post a Comment