Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Worley NOT Horrible in Loss

Vance Worley had a couple of bad innings early, but managed to give up only three runs in six innings of work. I'll take that from any Twins starter at this point. He also induced a ton of ground ball outs and only walked ONE. I see now why the Twins like him a lot more than I do.

On the flip side, Justin Verlander looked like the best pitcher in baseball, which coincidently makes sense since he probably is. I turned the game off for awhile after the Twins got down early. I figured Veleander wouldn't be going the whole game and just maybe the Twins would mount a rally when Verlander left.

They did but it wasn't enough.

Not a horrible game by any standard. The Twins officially sold-out the game, but there were thousands of empty seats. Fans say they want outdoor baseball, but in reality cold weather kept many of them away. Wenesday's game should be much warmer.

Sadly, the pitching for the Twins the next two games will probably be much worse. Time will tell. And I'll still be watching for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment