Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Notes

The Twins game was a great pitching match-up. It's too bad OUR starter lost his mojo late. Correia was superb through seven. I think Gardy left him in too long to "protect" an overworked bullpen. It's early in the season and Gardy really should have gotten him out of there sooner.

At the same time, Santana was very, very good for KC. I'd like to blame Twin's hitters, but I can't. They've see some excellent pitching so far this year, and yesterday was no exception. That's baseball.

Kevin Love is "out for the season" now that he's getting some minor knee surgery to clean up some old wounds. It doesn't bother me at this point. Even if he'd come back healthy with a healed hand, he may have only played a handful of games.  Either way, the season was lost. THOUGH I still wonder WHY the minor knee surgery wasn't performed while he was also waiting for his hand to heal? He could have been recovering from BOTH at the same time. It's not like the knee thing just suddenly happened.

I didn't watch any of the college basketball championship game last night. A number one seeded team won, so I guess the rankings were still somewhat valid. Three other number one's were left in the dust ages ago, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment