Monday, October 14, 2013

Lousiest Vacation Week Ever


This past week we took an unexpected trip to the Twin Cities. Because of the needed urgency, we took separate vehicles. Since I arrived earlier than my wife, I had the privilege of picking out the resort we stayed at.

Let me tell you, it was not what I was hoping for. There was only one bed, and it was brutally uncomfortable. I could not sleep in it. Cheryl was forced to sleep on a fold-out cot nestled underneath the STANDARD definition television that only received 12-15 channels. They were not high quality.

Our room didn't even have a lock on front door! People were coming and going at all hours of the day and night making it impossible to sleep. To get away from them, I actually spent some time in the bathroom, just to get some much needed "me" time.

Cheryl gave up on the food the first night and opted for McDonald's. I gutted it out on the three meal a day option. It was good, but I honestly would have rather had the McDonald's menu.

The staff was courteous and was always offering to get me a cold drink. It was like an exotic resort because of all the strange languages! I even picked new language myself while I was there. No one could understand it.

I fear this may be the most expensive vacation we have ever had when they finally figure out  the final bill on this one. It'll be enough to give a guy a stroke.

So if you're looking for a great vacation spot in The Cities, I caution you, don't pick the Abbott Northwestern Resort. It's not worth the price. I hear they offer exquisite medical care, though, if you're in the market for such a thing.


I'll be recovering from my vacation the next few days so don't look for many updates just yet. Baseball has been spectacular the past few days and the Pats/Saints game yesterday was what sports is all about.


Take Care!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!! I've been checking this everyday waiting for your return!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on starting slowly. My right hand is reacting slower than it used to.

      Delete