Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Two More Years

Last week I mentioned that in radio interviews, Twins GM Terry Ryan said that where Joe Mauer plays next year will be up to Gardy and Mauer. I said this was a sign that it looks like Gardy will be back.

I also said THIS yesterday, "The Twins are a fundamentally flawed team. And I use that term as more than a pun. Much is wrong. Much needs to be fixed. And none of it is going to get better in the near future with or without Gardy."


Terry Ryan, in his press conference yesterday, said basically the same thing. He knew the organization was at fault far more than Gardy. It's rare that a GM would acknowledge such things.


We need better players, we truly need a much better starting staff. It's time for Ryan to open the pocketbook and bring in the horses that can pull this pathetic wagon of an organization.

And Gardy's got TWO more years to get the pieces to fit. As long as the Twins are okay with spending the money, I'm okay with Gardy continuing as manager. I do not look at Ron Gardenhire the same way that I look at Leslie Frazier. With the right players, Gardy has proven to be a winner.

Frazier doen't even know what the right player looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment