Saturday, July 30, 2016

Walk-Off Walk, Great Pitching

The Twins now think the secret to becoming winners again is great starting pitching. I can't say I disagree with them. They traded Nunez on Thursday night for a potential late season starter, and were actively trying to unload Nolasco to any team that will pay part of his unheralded salary, just for a chance to bring some young arms up for major league experience.

But then a funny thing happened. Nolsco had eight great innings last night. Eight. Great. Innings.

Will the Twins now unload him faster since he had that start or will they keep him because, you know... he looked great?

Nothing is ever easy. The starters have now ALL been showing signs of brilliance lately, though Duffy is starting to stumble again.

Me? I'm still interested. And for once, I have no answers. Let those making the big bucks decide.

I can always criticize them later. I do what I'm best at.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, since you asked. Ditch Park and Mauer and their contracts any way you can. Make Sano permanent DH and put Vargas at first. And give all the starters two more starts to prove their worth. The two worst would be shipped...

    ReplyDelete