Monday, November 24, 2014

My Vikings Beat By My Packers

It was a very competitive game yesterday, which was a surprise in itself. That Teddy Brigdewater can't seem to throw a decent pass until the fourth quarter, and that Minnesota receivers don't remember how to catch the ball until the fourth quarter makes the final score all the more surprising.

But the most surprising aspect of the game? That a head coach would elect to kick away from the 50 yard-line with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game instead of at least ATTEMPTING an onside kick to get the ball back...

...against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packer offense thinking they could STOP them in three plays and get the ball back.

For that alone Mike Zimmer should be considered the dumbest head coach the Vikings have ever had. And knowing who we've had as of late, that's saying a lot. That the Fox commentator thought it was better to kick away than attempt an onside kick (from the 50 yard line!!!!) as well, makes my brain hurt.

How can "experts" be that clueless?

The consolation? My Packers won and now are in sole possession of first place. I should have no problem giving them my undivided attention the rest of the way. Unless, of course they face my Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Then we'll have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment