Sunday, November 16, 2014

Saturday

I had intended on watching a lot of college football on a cold, snowy Saturday in Minnesota yesterday, but I discovered the two new Planet of the Apes movie bundle was on sale at iTunes for $20 AND the first new Star Trek movie was playing on FX again as well...

...so I watched way less football than originally planned.

I saw much of the Gopher game. Their defense made many big plays to keep it close, but, overall, they just couldn't stop Ohio State. The score LOOKED good at the end, but they never really were in it after the first half.

I missed Alabama beating number one Mississippi State, which kind of bummed me out, but like I said, those movies had to fit in somewhere.

I caught part of the record breaking 400 plus yard record attack by Wisconsin's running back AND Florida State's comeback win against Miami. I'm anxious to see the latest polls. With all the upsets, it's going to look really different today.

The best of yesterday? Star Trek and the first Planet of the Apes movie. The second Apes movie? Not so much. After a while all the fight scenes just looked like an average video game.

Star Trek: A
1st Planet of the Apes: B+
Second Planet of the Apes: C-
(I get them mixed up. Rise or Dawn, which comes first? Could be either)

A cold snowy day at home with my loving wife: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment