Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Gophers Win Bowl Game!

Just to set the record straight, I didn't even know the Gophers were IN a bowl game this year. A 5-7 regular season record isn't going to impress many bowl sponsors. But I did come upon their game last night with about a minute left, and I decided to watch that last minute.

I've never heard of the Quick Lane Bowl either, but there you are. The Gophers won, snapping a seven bowl game appearance losing streak.

And as long as we're admitting things, I thought the Gophers were the OTHER team while I was watching. My wife had to point out to me that I was rooting for the wrong team.

Did I mention that the Gophers didn't impress me much this year despite their big bowl game win?

Maybe I'll recognize them NEXT year.

No comments:

Post a Comment