Friday, December 18, 2015

Wild Win Again

Once more I watched some of the game, and once more I didn't see any goals even though the Wild won 5-2. I did see a lot of play in the Rangers end, including a Wild player whiffing on an open net chance, but my interest waned and I decided to read instead.

Go Wild!

Other stuff:

I don't go to movies in theaters very often any more. My wife and I are making an exception for the latest Star Wars movie tomorrow. We've always been Star Wars fans and the reviews have been outstanding. Seeing an event movie like this the first weekend with other pumped up fans is going to be pretty cool. It's already breaking box office records internationally and could possibly become the biggest movie of all-time (beating out Avatar) by the time it's run is over.

We were surprised that there's a showing in New Ulm on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. They NEVER have showings of any movies before noon. I mean NEVER. They're anticipating a huge weekend. I told myself that I'm going to enjoy it instead of being a critic. We'll see if it delights or disappoints. We never buy tickets ahead of time either, so we hope it's not sold out. Even event movies in New Ulm rarely produce auditoriums more than half full. IF we don't get in, this movie is going to be bigger than anyone thought. We'll get there early and hope for the best.


The Twins are putting up more netting at Target Field. They're extending it past the dugouts now for fan safety. Though hardcore fans will be disappointed at not being able to get more foul balls, baseball officials are more concerned about fan safety after the number of bat and balls in the stands incidents the last few years. They realize most are lost on their phones and not paying attention. Which in a nutshell is our society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment