Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Brian Dozier

The Twins pitching has been so incredibly bad this season that I've been missing one of the greatest power displays by a Twins batter in over 40 years.

Yesterday, Brian Dozier became the first Twin to hit more than 35 home runs in a season since Harmon Killebrew. And it he did it with style, hitting THREE yesterday. He now has 38 on the season. I believe that's the most home runs by an AL second baseman in a season EVER.

What's weird? I called all three, and the innings he would hit them before his first at-bat yesterday.

I know that sounds stupid, but in a year this bad, something has to get me interested.

Yes, the Twins pitching was atrocious again and the the Twins got pounded by KC, but Dozier deserves to be mentioned. He's on pace for a 40 home run, 100 RBI season. That's historic.

Go Dozier!

Update: That's the second most homeruns by a second basemen in AL history. Alfonso Soriano had 39 for the Yankees in 2002. And because of the DH rule only 36 of Dozier's homers were by him as a second baseman this season.

I repeat: Go Dozier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment