Thursday, April 12, 2012

Baker Lost for Season

In a previous blog experience, I mentioned several times that Scott Baker and his elbow problem was more serious than than anyone was talking about. The Twins organization said it was just "typical early season Baker."

Sadly, I was proven right yesterday. Baker needs surgery and will miss the entire season. The bright side? The Twins probably aren't going to do anything this season anyway. Mauer and Morneau have time to recover their form and the Twins can start seeing what they have available in their farm system. At some point you have to start building for the future. I guess that time is now for the Twins.

Watching games this year is going to be more of a chore. I'll even miss many of them. But, I still enjoy the game of baseball. I'm learning not to obsess. I can still root for Willingham to hit more than 34 homeruns this year. It's about time someone does that again for the Twins.


No comments:

Post a Comment