Monday, April 23, 2012

Vikings Considering Future With NO Peterson?

I hate to speculate, (Good one, huh?) but there are still rumors flying around that the Vikings are thinking of trading their projected number three choice (and all-universe) left tackle Matt Kalil so that that they get more picks, including the number FOUR pick.

What's odd about this is that the name most associated with the number four pick is Alabama running back Trent Richardson. Richardson would demand top dollar as a pick and that would mean the Vikes would at least have to consider (or are already considering) departing ways with Adrian Peterson. NO team can afford two backs of that caliber.

Sadly, without a tackle like Matt Kalil, neither will probably perform well for the Vikings this season. It wouldn't surprise me if current Viking management (Rick Spielman) did this, I'd just be more disappointed in the Vikings chances than I already am.

I don't mind dropping Adrian, I just don't want to lose the chance at Kalil.


No comments:

Post a Comment