Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baseball

I'm actually glad the Twins got rained out yesterday. I needed a break from the losing. What's odd is that it didn't really rain that much. Downtown Minneapolis got about .30 inches over a few hours yesterday afternoon, or about the same type of rain we got yesterday morning.

Calling the game off when it was barely raining seems fishy. Yes it was cold, but it was still reasonable baseball weather. That they called it off so soon was just baffling. It was mostly done raining by 2:00 p.m.

In other baseball news:

I like how good the Washington Nationals have suddenly become. I realize that may not last, but their pitching has been really solid.

Even if they revert to old form and start losing again, the fans can look forward to watching two great prospects over the next several seasons. Stephen Strasburg is back after Tommy John surgery and he looks just as good as ever. They've also called up "The Phenom" nineteen year-old Bryce Harper to be their third baseman for the the foreseeable future.

I've talked a lot about those two in my old blog. They make baseball fun to follow even when the local team is in the dumps. Baseball is great even when you have no hope with your own team. I just have to remind myself of that once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment