Friday, November 23, 2012

Dumbest Rule Ever

I tried watching football yesterday. Actually I watched most of the three games, but was doing stuff all day long while the games were on.

Jim Schwartz "cost" his team the game yesterday, but let's face it, that has got to be the dumbest rule that the NFL has ever put into the books. IF you accidently throw a challenge flag, in the heat of the moment, during a turnover or scoring play, you AUTOMATICALLY void review and are hit with a 15-yard penalty? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY?

I got a better idea. The ref politely picks up the flag. Hands it back to the coach and tells him gently, "No need, the play is going to be challenged by rule." Such a drastic penalty for such an easy mistake makes the NFL look so incredibly foolish. It serves no purpose.

The current RULE cost the Lions the game yesterday, and a player who was tackled was allowed to have an undeserved 80-yard scoring play. This is NFL football at its absolute worst. It's stupid and it's hurts the game. It also left a sour taste in my mouth so I didn't really like watching the other games later.

It's not like I really wanted our division rivals to win the game yesterday, but they deserved that win over the supposedly superior Texans. That ONE idiotic rule made the whole game seem stupid from that point on.

Seeing New England destroy the Jets last night did make me a little happier. But a blowout like that isn't that much fun to watch either.

I guess I'm just too hard to satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment