Monday, November 19, 2012

Football

I found myself rooting for the Lions yesterday afternoon. I like the Packers, but a Green Bay loss yesterday would have led to a much more interesting end of the season.

As it is, the Vikings must win two of their next three games against Chicago and Green Bay to have any chance of making the playoffs. A Green bay loss yesterday would have made life easier.

I would have been squirming in my seat yesterday if I were a real Packer fan. Two missed field goals early forced a major game-ending comeback. With the Vikings still a viable threat to do something in the division I found myself rooting against the Packers. I am the dictionary definition of the "Bandwagon Fan." Go Vikings! (And if you stall, Go Packers!)

The Steelers missed Big Ben last night, but they didn't play all that poorly. The Ravens won by a field goal. Ben and his rib are going to make life hard for Steelers fans.

New England scored 59 points yesterday. I guess Andrew Luck found out what a good quarterback  really looks like. It's hard to believe that Brady and the Patriot system can keep putting up points like this.

Anybody else thinking that Denver is glad they went with Peyton this year instead of Tebow? Manning is now 7-3 with his new team.

Phillip Rivers is no longer the QB he once was for San Diego. He's had 40 turnovers in last last 25 games. He leads the league in that category. He's still throwing for huge yards, but San Diegio is suffering from all those turnovers. Rivers is on a pace for more than 20 INTS for 2 years in a row now. And he's fumbling quite a bit as well. There's a reason that the Chargers are only 4-6 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment