Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life is Good Even When the Twins Aren't

I did decide to skip the last two Twins games.And based on the scores and what happened I'm thinking I made the right decision.

On July fourth, I had a fantastic day. For lunch we went to my Aunt Maybelle's place and had a fun July 4th meal. We took our neighbor's dogs for a long walk in the afternoon (he's recovering from cancer surgery and he needs the help). Later that evening, we got together with friends from church to have a nice Fourth of July supper that included pork shoulder cooked all day on a smoker (wow, that was amazing), and some of the best potato salad I've had in my life. ( I won't say it was better than my mom's, but it was the best I've had since she passed away.)

The evening was topped off by tons of (legal) fireworks and all we could eat root beer floats and ice cream.

Yesterday we went to Despicable Me 2 with another friend. No it's not as good as the original, but it was still extremely funny, I actually heard adult guys squealing like little girls in the theater during some of the more hilarious scenes.

Afterwards we tried out the $1.04 chicken sandwiches at Burger King. I ordered two each thinking they'd be small. I was WRONG. These were the biggest $1 chicken sandwiches I have ever seen. IF you're looking for a HUGE deal for your family this weekend, the deal runs through Sunday. Even better? Ice cream cones were just 50 cents. You could feed a family of 6 for less than $10!!!

I missed the Twins games the last two days, but I sure didn't miss the Twins. We're looking forward to doing something other than watching the Twins today as well. Perhaps a Doctor Who marathon. Another friend gave us the DVD set for season 5.

That's sounds way better than another Twins loss. It even sounds better than a Twins win at this point.

Doctor Who it is.

And another long walk with the dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment