Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ryan Braun

He didn't get away with it. Ryan Braun got off with a technicality the last time he was caught using banned drugs. This time he's serving the penalty due to his association with Biogenesis.

He'll serve a total ban of 65 games and lose over $3 million in salary. This will officially be his "first strike."

I think baseball did the right thing. And I am anxious to see how Braun performs as a player next season without the assistance of his favorite performance enhancers.

I'm also anxious to see who gets nailed next in the Biogenesis scandal. Braun didn't protest this time. I believe that's why the penalty imposed was lighter than some expected. I'm guessing that's what baseball will do on a case by case basis with the other players on the list. They'll find a sweet spot that both the player and baseball can compromise on and agree with.

And players not yet caught will become more sneaky in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment