Friday, November 29, 2013

Football

The Casually Observing Wife and myself found ourselves at my Aunt's for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. My Aunt Maybelle has never understood football though she rarely misses a Twins game. She doesn't mind football on in the background while we visit so we watched the whole first half of the Packers/Lions game yesterday with her before leaving at halftime for a much needed nap.

 I've come to this conclusion:  The Packers are WORTHLESS without Aaron Rodgers. That, and Detroit is a much better team than I've given them credit for. They have the most high-powered offense this side of Peyton Manning. I mean yesterday they put up college numbers with over 550 yards of offense. That's so rare in pro ball. Last week they had 300 yards passing at halftime.

I lost interest in the last two games yesterday and ended up watching Kung Fu Panda I and II on FX instead. Where the first movie is clearly the best, the second one is growing on me.

Better yet, the first four seasons of the TV show are available on iTunes for only $10 each in 1080p HD as a holiday special. Looks like I have 22 more hours of Kung Fu Panda to watch this weekend.

When we aren't shopping.

New Ulm here we come.


No comments:

Post a Comment