Saturday, February 1, 2014

Incognito

I haven't commented on the Richie Incognito/ Jonathan Martin Miami Dolphin bullying case much because I really wanted to hear Incognito's side of the story first.

There's too much to it to repeat all of the details here but this is a good summary:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10382065/richie-incognito-attorney-releases-texts-involving-jonathan-martin

It sounds like their relationship was a standard buddy comedy until someone insanely finally decided to take offense.

I think the league, the media, and the Miami Dolphins all owe Incognito an apology and some damages. Yes, it's obvious that he's a very profane man, but he's not racist. People who play the race card in these circumstances are racist, and I now think that includes Jonathan Martin.

And I think Martin needs some serious counseling. He should never go near another team's locker room again. I know I wouldn't trust him farther than I could throw him. Being an offensive lineman, let's face it, that wouldn't be very far. Cancers like that need to be removed permanently, not transplanted to grow their malignancy elsewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment