Sunday, February 9, 2014

Olympics

I rag on the winter games often, and I think deservedly so, but I have to admit parts of the last two nights were pretty good. Friday's opening ceremonies were a geek's fevered dream. The technology needed to pull off that spectacle was absolutely mind-blowing (not literally mind-blowing as I heard a few people say).

Last night's female figure skating was great because of one tiny little individual. The Russian 15-year old was SOOOO good that the rest should have just stayed home. A great exhibition like that makes up for the 14 hours of continuous cross country ski coverage in the afternoon. Norway and Sweden took the top 87 qualifying spots. I had no idea that they'd be cross country skiing across the whole country. I guess that was my mistake, though. I won't make that mistake again.

By the way, if I had a dime for every mistake I've made in my lifetime, I'd be broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment