Thursday, January 1, 2015

Football Day

I know most people are celebrating the day because it's January 1st 2015. But when I woke up this morning all I could think of is this is the day that I'm planning on seeing the two college championship contender games today  AND, as a bonus, the first Gopher football January 1st game in over fifty years as a warm-up.

Though I don't like the new playoff system in place because it removes too much emphasis and drama from regular season Saturday night games, TODAY is the one day that gets WAY, WAY better. January 1st Bowl games used to mean something before the BCS started. Well, now they do again. Two games today are must see TV.

It doesn't make up for the entire season of meaningless games, but even I have to admit, this is a day of major match-ups.

Happy New Year everybody!

And go Gophers!

No comments:

Post a Comment