Friday, July 31, 2015

Vikings

I've been perusing some of the national blogs about the Vikings chances this season. MOST agree that the Vikings defense will be much better this year. Most agree that Teddy Bridgewater does indeed have what it takes to excel at quarterback. AND they think that a healthy, focused Peterson will take some of the pressure off Bridgewater this season.

But the ADDED bonus is that many of those same commentators think the Vikings RECEIVERS will be much better this year, too. Especially speed-wise.

I don't have the insights for football that many of these observers have. I really think so much of how players perform is really up to the head coach, his game plan, and how smart he is at hiring the right assistants. Peterson has, for the most part, always been good as a running back for the Vikings, BUT he has never been used that well in most game situations.

How they USE him is AT LEAST as important as how good he still might or might not be.

I don't have a real opinion on our head coach yet, but I do know I like him more, right now, than any coach we've had since Denny Green. One year isn't much time to make a call. This year will determine how good he currently is or will be.

I'm more enthusiastic about the Vikings chances this season than previous years by having Mike Zimmer at the helm.

I still don't like or trust Adrian Peterson.

But he has paid all the penalties society and the league have determined were necessary. So I guess I'll move on, too. I look forward to the day where he will no longer be part of this team, or where he shows real remorse for what he did, until then, I'll just make sure I don't buy any Peterson merchandise.

Go Vikings!

No comments:

Post a Comment