Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Observations

The Twins got shutout again yesterday, but under my new rules on this site, I will not dwell on it.

The Heat got beat in Miami last night. That one made me smile. I don't expect the Pacers to win that series, but just knowing Miami still plays that bad in playoff ball gets me excited about NBA action.

Okay, I kid. Nothing can get me excited about NBA basketball. Oklahoma is my team to follow this year, so at least I have a rooting interest. I'd like to see Boston join them in the finals, but I think that team has gotten way too old to make it that far.

In my old sports blog I commented on Roger Clemens and his PED case. I think it's interesting that two jurors in two days have fallen asleep listening to the "evidence" presented. McNamee saved all his old injection needles to prove he wasn't the only one at fault in case charges were ever brought against him.

What would I take away from a guy like that? IF he thought that far ahead, I'd think he was more than capable of faking the same evidence. A syringe with steroids added to a syringe with Clemen's blood/DNA for other injections? Easy as pie for a paranoid obsessive.

Let this be a lesson for all you steroid abusers out there. Don't have anal retentive friends do the deed. And don't let Jose Conseco near you either.

3 comments:

  1. I just don't see why anyone even cares if Roger took steroids to heal faster...or to make him stronger..or to make him faster...or to make him leaner..there is so much more in this world to be concerned with...like Lebron James being rated higher than Michael Jordan...or after eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting into the water or if crime doesn't pay... does that mean my job is a crime? I hope my point has been made clearly. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire U.S. economy nearly collapsed 5 years ago because the federal government was asleep at the wheel when it came to policing large banks and their easy loan money to people who wanted to buy homes they simply could not afford.

    Even HAVING hearings about baseball and possible steroid use was an incredible waste of time. That is not the government's job. I lost REAL money when the loan fiasco hit. I'm still losing money as the government is now trying to help these same people STILL buy homes they cannot afford.

    Where are the hearings that punish both the institutions and government officials that caused this?

    Clemens may or may not have used steroids knowingly. I don't care. Do something important.

    And don't forget to have a healthy breakfast. It's an important start to the day.

    ReplyDelete