Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pelfrey!

You know the pitching staff has been bad lately when you're actually anticipating the return of Mike Pelfrey to the rotation.

Mike had been pretty good just before he got hurt a couple of weeks ago. If not for Gardy's obsession of making him go more than 5 innings in each start, he might have a winning record at this point.

I wasn't planning on watching yesterday's game, but I turned it on in the bottom of the fifth to see how things were going. Since the Twins were winning 3-0, I decided to keep watching for a while. Dozier made it 6-0 with his huge 3-run homer in the seventh. I watched it into the ninth.

What I saw was great. Knowing the Twins play at Toronto about as bad as they play at New York made the game even better.

I probably won't get to see much of today's game because of another afternoon picnic, but I am anxious to see which Scott Diamond will show up and pitch for the Twins. I don't have a handle on this guy yet. His record and current ERA make it hard for me to see the potential everyone else seems to see.

For those who read yesterday's blog, I have an update for you. We've finished the first 6 episodes of Doctor Who, season five. Unbelievably great show. Really looking forward to more, though I'm not sure when we'll get the time to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment