Monday, February 10, 2014

Santana

Johann Santana has had two major shoulder surgeries in the last 31 months.

His tweet Friday?

“Just want to let you guys know that I started throwing off the mound this week, and I feel great!!! One step closer!!! Believe it!!!”

A heathy Santana would instantly elevate any pitching staff. The only question:  Are there any GM's out there that are willing to believe?

I'm rooting for him, but I definitely, at this point, would not reserve a roster spot for him.

I seem to remember that he had some bone chips removed from his pitching elbow as well a few years back. That usually points to Tommy John surgery in the not to distant future. He's not out of the woods yet. And further surgeries may be more likely than a successful return.

A minor league deal would be the first step. We'll just have to wait and see if anyone signs him. He'll come cheap. That's something the Twins are good at noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment