Sunday, April 12, 2015

Twins Lose

"Blessed are those with low expectations for they cannot be disappointed."

The Twins had ONE good inning yesterday.

Mike Pelfrey, who continually tells management why he should be in the starting rotation, once again demonstrated why he should not be.

The outcome was predictable.

I was a little disappointed in the Wild yesterday, though. They were on NBC at about the same time so I watched the first period of that one. I stopped watching at the period break and didn't come back until they were behind 4-1 in the 3rd. At least it wasn't a playoff game.

Oddly enough, there was a THIRD professional Minnesota sport on at the same time as well. KTCA 45 was broadcasting the Minnesota Swarm indoor Lacrosse game.

It was tied 2-2 while I was watching. All I can say is that, of the three games I saw yesterday, THAT was the one I found most entertaining. The goalie's uniform made him look like the lead character in Big Hero 6. Actually the look of the Swarm made me think the whole thing was done to remind me of Japanese Anime. And unlike the girlie sport of hockey, they were actually  hitting each other with their mallet/stick/net thingies. This is a MAN'S sport.

It's like a cross between football, basketball, and hockey. And it was all being played in a carpeted hockey arena. I'm going to be looking for it again. I may have found something to get me through the summer besides wrestling.

I just have to be careful to keep my expectations low, though.


1 comment: