Thursday, July 2, 2015

Moving Day

Another great pitching performance, another loss.

Yada, Yada...

I'd rather talk about something I'm much more apprehensive and excited about. We're getting a brand new 5K iMac today and I'm busy copying off stuff from my old one to have available for my new one.

I honestly thought Time Capsule would take care of it for me BUT my system software is so old it's not compatible with the latest Mac operating system. As a result, I've had to burn off  a whole truckload worth of stuff onto DVDs just to be safe.


I kept the old system software just so it would be compatible with CS 3. I didn't want to buy it again for $2000 just to have the latest and greatest system.

But now that Photoshop from CS 6 is the last one anyone is allowed to buy, we thought it best to bite the bullet and buy it and the computer at the same time. Any longer and we would have to RENT CS for $600 a year. We simply don't want to do that.

Anyway, everything is ready. Setting it up and making sure everything is working is never easy. But getting that new Mac with that kind of resolution is certainly exciting.

We get it this afternoon. Then we have to move everything over.

We think this will be the last major Mac we will buy. Without Photoshop, the next one won't be that big a deal.

We keep waiting for some other company to put out software that is better and cheaper, but it never happens. Photoshop is king.

I dread the day that CS 6 won't be compatible with a newer Mac operating system.






No comments:

Post a Comment