Friday, August 26, 2016

Is it Just Me?

I'm not interested in any sports right now. I go to the ESPN main page everyday, like always, to check the latest headlines, and nothing posted there makes me want to read further.

Someone ALMOST had a no-hitter for the Giants last night.

So?

How is that the major headline? In the end it was ruined with one out to go. So he didn't have a no-hitter. What else is going on?

Tom Brady MAY play tonight for New England in their preseason game.

So?

He's a football player. It's preseason. It's getting late in the preseason. Yep. He might play.

How is that a headline?

It goes on and on.

I'm guessing it's not just me. Sports reporters across the country have deadlines to meet and column inches to fill and THEY don't have anything to talk about either. It's just that time of the year. Everyone's waiting for the baseball season to end and football season to get rolling and we're all like in a limbo right now.

My brother mentioned that Hope Solo was Han's girl yesterday. He seems just as bored as the rest of us.  Me? I've been trying to think of names for even more of Han's kids.

Guitar, Piano, Drum, and Trumpet come to mind...

Yeah, that's all I got.

My brother's was better.

1 comment:

  1. A daughter named Red. But she has to marry a guy with the last name Cup so she can hyphenate her name...Red Solo-Cup. I know, I know...it's too long of a set-up but hey...it's a slow sports day so...

    ReplyDelete